Angraecum Lai's Star

#1 von AnnaM , 23.04.2024 20:05

Soon such an angrecum will bloom...

Greetings from Ukraine, Anna!

AnnaM
AnnaM
Besucher
zuletzt bearbeitet 27.04.2024

RE: Angraecum magdalenae x Angraecum sesquipedale ( Lemförde White Beauty )

#2 von Fabi , 24.04.2024 21:07

Hello Anna!
Theoretically your Angraecum should be a backcrossing of Angraecum Lemförde White Beauty with Angraecum sesquipedale. At least that is what is written on the name tag: Angraecum Lemförde White Beauty x Angraecum sesquipedale is the same as (Angraecum magdalenae x sesquipedale) x Angraecum sesquipedale and hence your plant isn't an Angraecum Lemförde White Beauty. Your plant has been registered as Angraecum Lai's Star in the RHS Orchid Register: https://apps.rhs.org.uk/horticulturaldat....asp?ID=1035940

Liebe Grüße,
Fabian

Fabi
Fabi
Mitglied

#3 von AnnaM , 25.04.2024 13:45

Hello Fabian!
Thank you for your help. Now I at least know the name of my handsome man. I understood that it was not quite Angraecum Lemförde White Beauty, I am grateful, because I have not seen such a name.
When I bought this plant, I thought the flowers would be similar to Magdalena, but I can already see that they develop completely differently... I wonder what exactly they will be...

AnnaM
AnnaM
Besucher

#4 von Fabi , 25.04.2024 21:14

I'm glad that I was able to help you finding the right name for your Angraecum Lai's Star, Anna!
I think the flowers of your plant will probably show more similarity with Angraecum sesquipedale since it is a backcrossing. Therefore the genetic proportion of Angraecum sesquipedale should be quite a bit higher in your plant compared to Angraecum Lemförde White Beauty. But I expect some nice flowers (or at least one nice flower) on your plant quite soon!

Probably we might create a new thread for your hybrid in the future instead of letting in run alongside Angraecum Lemförde White Beauty since these are too different crossings. But we can wait for the plant to flower first.

Liebe Grüße,
Fabian

Fabi
Fabi
Mitglied
zuletzt bearbeitet 25.04.2024

#5 von AnnaM , 27.04.2024 13:21

Hi Fabian.
It will be interesting to observe the flower of this plant. I think the new topic for this cross will be appropriate, as you say, how the plant will bloom. Thanks for the help.

AnnaM
AnnaM
Besucher

RE: Angraecum Lai's Star

#6 von Solanum , 27.04.2024 20:59

Ich habe eure Beiträge in einen neuen Thread verschoben

Schöne Grüße,
Heike

Solanum
Solanum
Administratorin

#7 von Fabi , 27.04.2024 21:35

Danke dir, Heike! / Thanks Heike!

Liebe Grüße,
Fabian

Fabi
Fabi
Mitglied

#8 von AnnaM , 03.05.2024 19:05

Ich bin Heike für das neue Thema dankbar.
Allmählich entwickelt sich die Knospe. Ich warte...

AnnaM
AnnaM
Besucher

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz